A King's Three Lives
Illustrated By Fellow Initiate Lafayette in Mexico
Written By Fellow Initiate Enrique in Mexico
(Originally in Spanish)
- Somewhere in the far reaches of The Milky Way, there was a heavenly,
wondrous world filled with crystal lights.
- This world was ruled by a king, who was a vegetarian and enjoyed reading
- He also often meditated with the wise people in his world.
- One day, he became greedy and took possession of his servant's house.
- The king said, "Get him out of here."
- He continued to fall, to the level of meat-eating. Finally, he died of
indigestion while attending a non-vegetarian banquet with the soldiers in the
- Pluto sent his black and white messengers to fetch the dead king. They
said, "We have come to take you to another planet because you ate the flesh
of your own brothers. You should know this is not good for you."
- He was reincarnated.
- He grew up gradually.
- And he still liked to eat meat. He finally died of typhoid fever.
- The black and white messengers said, "Let's go! You are a very stubborn
person. Can't you see the sufferings of animals when they are slaughtered?
Let's take him to the Earth."
- This time, he was reincarnated into a poor family.
- He still hadn't changed his bad habit.
- One day, he encountered a bright light. It was the Supreme Master Ching
- His heart began to blossom with love. He became a vegetarian and began
to keep the Five Precepts immediately in order to follow the path of the
Supreme Master Ching Hai.
- Finally, he found his Buddha Nature and the inner peace. Then, he
returned to his beautiful home in heaven.
INDEX | HOME |